Monday, August 24, 2020

BIDEN HAS MY VOTE!



Our current president has failed in his most basic duty to this nation.

He failed to protect us.

He failed to protect America.

And, my fellow Americans, that is unforgivable. - Former Vice President and Democratic Presidential nominee, Joe Biden

      Biden has my vote. For the first time in my life, I will be voting for a Democrat this November. I have been a Republican from day one and never have I voted for a Democrat until now. I,like so many prominent Republicans am putting the country over my party, and I am voting for the former Vice President, Joe Biden. I am voting for the former Vice President, because I truly feel for the sake of the nation,the nation needs Joe Biden.

  America is in desperate need of a leader that can unify and heal the nation through these troubled times.Under the presidency of Donald Trump, America has almost 6 million cases of the coronavirus, the most in the world, in a country that has over 30 million of it's citizens uninsured. Under the Trump presidency, America has had over 180,000 deaths as reported by worldmeters due to the coronavirus, again the most in the world. Under the Trump presidency, there's anarchy in the streets, police officers senselessly killing Blacks, and Blacks senselessly killing Whites, and under the Trump presidency, America has over 16 million Americans that are unemployed as longtime and small businesses are going under on a daily basis. Donald Trump is clearly incapable of displaying the leadership so desperately needed in these dark times.

  America needs a president that is truly a man of faith, not a man that feels a need to hold a bible up upside down as to show he is a man of faith. A man of faith would never answer, "it is what it is", when asked by a reporter about the fact that over 1000 Americans are dying a day. A man of faith does not insult and bully his opponents and reporters who are doing their jobs. A man of faith does not promote various drugs that could literally kill some. A man of faith does not approve a vaccine and or drugs not properly tested as to use them on people like guinea pigs in a laboratory.  A man of faith doesn't praise Dictators, look up to mobsters, and wish an accused child sex trafficker well. A man of faith does not look the other way and ignore the fact that over 180,000 Americans have died from a pandemic that he chose to ignore.A man of faith does not do half of what Donald Trump has done to the people of this nation. Donald Trump a man of faith? Donald Trump sent from God? I think not.

  America needs former Vice President, Joe Biden. America needs a man that has the compassion and empathy that Joe Biden displayed at last week's Democratic National Convention. As I a longtime Republican, I was truly touched by the former Vice President's words. To be honest, I was even moved by the words of several speakers at the DNC, even those whom I had once strongly opposed. Not once in the past six months or more, have I felt moved by the president, Not once have I felt America had a president that truly cared about his citizens. Perhaps that's because America doesn't have a president that truly cares about his citizens. In watching the former Vice President, I felt I would again feel as though I had a president that had my back, and every other American's back as well. Under the presidency of Donald Trump, I haven't felt that. In fact,never in my life have I ever lacked such confidence in a president as I do in Donald Trump. I have completely lost all faith, and all confidence in Donald Trump. Perhaps I lost confidence when the president suggested people ingest or inject clorox as to kill the corona virus. Or, perhaps I lost confidence when the president promoted hydroxychloroquine, a drug that although effective on some, has been known to cause heart issues and heart failure in many, many others. Or perhaps, I lost confidence when Trump said that the coronavirus would just go away. Perhaps I lost confidence when the president admitted to be being advised on the coronavirus by Mike Lindell, the infamous "My Pillow" guy, who is a recovering drug addict. Or perhaps, I lost confidence when I caught the president lying in a press conference as he does regularly, but this time lying about what he said only moments after he had made the statement. Or perhaps,I lost confidence in the president when I observed he played golf when he should have been preparing for the pandemic that was to come. Or perhaps I lost confidence when he appointed his unequivocally, and unqualified daughter, Ivanka Trump, and son in law, Jared Kushner to his cabinet. Or perhaps, I lost confidence when one by one, members of Trump's cabinet were indicted for various crimes. Or perhaps, I lost confidence when it was revealed that Donald Trump knew that there was a Russian bounty place on the heads on American soldiers in Afghanistan. Or perhaps, I lost confidence when the president retweeted those involved in the QAnon conspiracy group. Frankly,there are so many disturbing incidents and statements that have been made and have occurred during the Trump presidency, I cant possibly place them down on paper in one blog. Suffice it to say,I have lost all confidence in Donald Trump and his administration, and that is why I am voting for Joe Biden. 

   I GOP GIRL of GOP GIRL BLOG will be voting for the former Vice President, Joe Biden. I will be voting for Joe Biden as it's time America again had a president that cares about more than himself. Not once has Donald Trump expressed his condolences to the family members and friends of the some 180,000 Americans that have died from the coronavirus. Not once has Donald Trump even mentioned the number of the deceased. No, Donald Trump chose to ignore the pandemic until his advisors told him that he needed to address the pandemic as his numbers were falling. Donald Trump, not once has stepped up to the podium and attempted to be a compassionate, caring, and empathetic president. I suppose that's because Donald Trump is incapable of being caring,compassionate, and empathetic.To be honest, the more I have seen Donald Trump, the more I have despised everything about him. In watching the DNC I was comforted by former Vice President, Joe Biden, and I wished that he were our president today. Joe Biden's words were comforting and soothing, much like the words of Queen Elizabeth during lock down.The former Vice President seemed fatherly and caring. The former Vice President came down on the president. He attacked the president not with insults, but with facts showing he has the knowledge and wisdom needed at present.The former Vice President was "presidential" something foreign for our current president. 

    It's not a matter of wanting the former Vice President to be elected this November, it's a matter of Joe Biden must be elected this November. Joe Biden must be elected because if not, I and many many others both Republicans and Democrats, feel our democracy is at risk.In fact,several Republicans even went so far as to speak at the DNC. The Former Republican Governors of Ohio and New Jersey, John Kasich,and Christine Todd Whitman, spoke on Biden's behalf as well as the former  N.Y.congresswoman Susan Molinari, Meg Whitman, a senior official for Mitt Romney's campaign, and most notably the former Republican Secretary of State, Colin Powell spoke at the Democratic National Convention in support of Vice President Joe Biden.( Please see below for a full list of Republicans endorsing V.P. Joe Biden)That being said, I too, am pledging to support former Vice President Joe Biden this November. I am voting for Joe Biden as I again want to be proud of my president. I want a president who not only appoints the most highly qualified, he listens to the most highly qualified. I want a president who expresses his condolences to Americans suffering in times of loss, instead of a president that boasts of his ratings, and gives himself self praise.I want a president whom I can trust, and whom I feel is doing his best to keep our nation safe.I want a president whom I am not in fear of what he will say and do next that will hurt the country's standing throughout the world. I want a president who has the class and dignity of someone for whom I will have the utmost respect.That man is not Donald Trump. That man is Joe Biden, and he has my vote!

-(c)Sean Bianca, GOPGIRLBLOG, The Chic Conservative  

Former Republican Senators supporting V.P. Joe Biden in addition to Republicans John Kasich,Colin Powell,Cindy and Meghan McCain,former top aid to Paul Ryan and John Boehner, Brendan Buck,  and former Republican presidential candidate, Carly Fiorina

Sen.Jeff flake of Arizona

Sen.Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania

Sen.John Warner of Virginia

Sen.Ray LaHood of Illinois

Sen.Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire

Former Republican congressmen and women supporting Joe Biden

Rep.Steve Bartlett of Texas

Rep. Bill Clinger of Penn.

Rep.Tom Coleman of Missouri

Rep.Charles Djou of Hawaii

Rep.Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma

Rep.Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland

Rep.Jim Greenwood of Penn.

Rep.Bob Inglis of South Carolina

Rep.Jim Kolbe of Arizona

Rep.Steve KuyKendall of California

Rep.Jim Leach of Iowa

Rep.Connie Morella of Maryland

Rep.Mike Parker of Mississippi

Rep. Jack Quinn of New York

Rep.Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island

Rep. Chris Shays of Connecticut

Rep.Peter Smith of Vermont

Rep.Alan Steelman of Texas

Rep.Bill Whitehurst of Virginia

Rep.Dick Zimmer of New Jersey

Rep.Jim Walsh of New York     

      

     

No comments: