Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Uncivil Wars

     




        There was a time when Republicans and Democrats in Washington would spar on the Senate floor, then later go out for dinner together with their spouses. Political differences were put aside, and an evening of casual conversation with laughs was had by all. There was a time when Republicans, Democrats, and Independents would engage in a political debate now and then. The occasional political debate was a discussion between adults that had their own opinions, and while the opinions may not have been shared by all, the opinions were accepted and respected. There was a time when Americans knew what it was to respect one another, and respect was had for those with whom we did and did not agree. There was a time when the relationships between  friends, families, and husbands and wives were not affected by elections. There was a time when America had leaders who led by example in showing respect for those from the opposition party as well as their own. There was a time when the United States of America was truly "united", and not divided.
 
        The United States is at it's best when it is "united", and today the United States is anything, but "united". The fact is, the United States is more divided than it has ever been in the nation's history. The United States is at war. The United States is in the middle of a civil war, however it is anything, but "civil". Uncivil wars have been and still are taking place across the nation. Americans no longer have intelligent civil discussions regarding our government. Americans instead choose to bully those with whom they disagree. Americans no longer debate with facts and figures. Americans instead call one another names, and or attack one another's intelligence, faith, sanity and or level of intoxication. Another words, in today's America, very few have respect for one another . Respect for our fellow man is gone, and that my friends is on one man and only one man.

         That one man is our former President, Donald Trump. Donald Trump taught Americans that it was okay to bully our fellow Americans . Donald Trump taught Americans that it was okay to insult one another and call one another names. Donald Trump taught Americans that it was okay to publicly humiliate one another both in private and in public. Donald Trump taught Americans that it was unacceptable to have an opinion of one's own. Donald Trump divided this nation more than any other president in the history of the nation.  Donald Trump has broken lifelong friendships, he has been the cause of broken marriages, and he has been the cause of many explosive family holiday dinners. Donald Trump never ever should have been given that much power. No man or woman should have that much power, but we as a nation allowed it. I myself even allowed it and fell victim to Trump's power. As a Trump supporter in 2016, I lost two very close friends.  One was even my matron of honor at my wedding. I was a pigheaded Trump supporter that refused to listen to anyone with whom I did not agree. While I myself never resorted to name calling, and bullying, I still refused to listen to another's opinion. As a non Trump supporter I have been attacked on social media by friends, acquaintances, and strangers in a way one could never begin to imagine. Grown men and women have called me every name in the book. I have been told that to vote for now President Joe Biden I had to have lost my mind. I have been told to take my meds, and for the record I don't take medication for my sanity. I have been called "stupid". I was even told by a close friend on social media that I should look to God because I must have lost my faith to be voting for Joe Biden, and as a footnote, I am no longer friends with this friend. I was accused of being paid by George Soros by a former fan of my blog. I was even unfriended by a former employer after refusing an invite to go on a Trump boat parade with him and his family. While the accusations and insults are endless, the best insult to date has to be my being accused of being a man in disguise as a woman on my GOP GIRL Facebook page!
         I've lived it. I've lived as both a Trump supporter and non Trump supporter and I am here to say that what Donald Trump has done to this nation is unforgiveable. Donald Trump did not make America great again. America was already great and the trouble is I and millions of Americans drank the Trump kool aid. Millions of Americans accepted Trump's behavior. Americans never should have accepted his behavior in the first place. Unfortunately, America accepted his behavior and voted for him. America voted for a man who manipulated this nation like no other authoritarian dictator, which is precisely why the Senate must impeach him from office as so he may never run for political office again. At present, we are a nation disease ridden, and divided with uncivility taking place across the nation and that's all on Donald Trump. It's time for Republicans to lead by example and stop the uncivil civil wars once and for all. It's time for Republicans  to walk away from Donald Trump and walk across the aisle as to unite with Democrats and work on making this once great nation united again. 

-(c)Sean Bianca GOP GIRL 2021

Author's note: I am happy to say I am again friends with the two friends whom I lost as a Trump supporter. I am still no longer friends with the friend that insulted my faith due to my voting for now President Biden.

No comments: