Monday, July 8, 2019

Make America Patriotic Again !

   https://youtu.be/Mieu57c0Fc0

  It is nearly a week since the President's July 4th Salute to America parade and critics are still voicing their complaints. Personally, I truly believe whether one loves, hates, or feels nothing towards the President, the parade should have been watched by all. While many will disagree with me, I feel the parade was a great event for America and for Americans. The Salute to America parade was not about our political parties. The parade was not about Black or White. The parade was not about rich or poor. The Salute to America parade was about America, our independence, Americans, and about the men and women who fought for our right to be free today. It was also about saluting the men that will today fight for our freedom and to give them a chance to show America how proud we are to have the men and women in our military today. The parade was not about President Donald Trump. The parade was not the parade of partisanship, narcissism, racism, nor was it a prelude to martial law as Democrats had so feared. The Salute to America parade was about patriotism and nothing more. 

   Sadly, many Americans either chose not to tune in to the Salute to America parade or were unable to watch the parade even if they had so desired. I for one would have liked to have seen the parade and the President's speech live on July 4th. Unfortunately, I was at a restaurant in Palm Beach, Florida (the President's Winter White House Hometown) that had televisions, but the establishment chose to not tune into the parade. Baseball was being shown instead. As I voiced my complaint to my friend about the parade not being shown, I was told by him that baseball was what Americans wanted to see. He also said in so many words that people wanted to get away from politics and escape on July 4th and that for many Americans baseball was what a good many Americans wanted to see on this Independence Day. Well, THIS American did not care about watching baseball. THIS American wanted to be able to see the Salute to America parade live, as while baseball was what meant patriotism to some, the parade meant patriotism to a good many other Americans, myself included. The parade that consisted of a non-partisan speech by the President, the military band, the military, fly overs and more, was in my oh so humble opinion the only way to have experienced real patriotism this past July fourth. 

   Those who did not tune in to the parade live or recorded missed a truly spectacular affair. I myself was skeptical I admit. I was concerned at the wasteful spending. I worried that the President would turn the Salute to America speech into a Salute to Donald Trump and vote for me in 2020 speech. I was concerned that the military tanks and fly overs would make America too militant and too much like that of a communist nation, but then my opinion changed. My opinion changed as I watched the parade I felt real pride in our nation, and our military. I also felt good that Americans were able to in person salute our military and pay them the respect they so deserve. I also felt truly patriotic as I listened and sang along to the song "I'm Proud To Be An American". In no way did I feel the Salute to America parade was about anything, but America, America's independence, and Americans. The Salute to America parade was about  patriotism and being proud to be an American.   
(c) Sean Bianca GOPGIRL 2019 





No comments: